I am a herbalist and naturopath based in Hove. I worked as a solicitor in London for many years before deciding to retrain as a herbalist. The catalyst for me was a book on Herbal Medicine that I saw in the window of a second hand bookshop. It captured my imagination, and the more I read the more fascinated I became. My interest led to six years of study and clinical experience to qualify as a herbalist, naturopath and iridologist. My studies continue and I am currently studying endobiogenic medicine to gain a greater understanding of the endocrine system and how to address imbalances in this system that contribute to many illnesses.
I have Diplomas in Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy and Iridology from the College of Natural Medicine and am a member of the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners.
The practice is based in Hove, but I also practice from rooms in Brighton. The rooms are easily accessible from Shoreham and Worthing and other areas in East Sussex.
What do people use herbs for?
There are many conditions people consult herbalists for, either to use herbs on their own or in conjunction with conventional or other complementary treatments. These include:
- Digestive issues such as IBS, IBD, ulcers, reflux, constipation and diarrhoea.
- Hormonal issues including menopause, menstrual problems, fertility and thyroid imbalances.
- Stress related issues such as insomnia, anxiety, depression and headaches.
- Circulatory problems including varicose veins, high blood pressure, Reynaud's syndrome and haemorrhoids.
- Infections and allergies, including chronic infections.
- Skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Auto-immune conditions such as fibromyalgia.
Not sure whether a herbalist in Brighton and Hove can help you?
If you have any particular conditions you want to address or are feeling generally run-down and are wondering if herbs can help you, please contact me for a free 15 minute consultation.